Private Equity Growth Capital Council white papers offer a detailed analysis of a variety of important issues involving the economy and private equity investments.
- Long-Term Commitments: The Interdependence of Pension Security and Private Equity by Dr. Bronwyn Bailey of the PEGCC highlights the significant amount of capital pension funds commit to private equity and the financial gains they receive from the outperformance of these investments.
- Business Tax Reform and the Tax Treatment of Debt by Drs. Robert Carroll and Thomas Neubig of Ernst & Young finds limiting the deductibility of corporate interest expenses to pay for a revenue neutral reduction in the corporate income tax rate would adversely affect investment and potentially reduce economic growth in the U.S. (2012)
- The Role of Private Equity Sector Promoting Economic Recovery, by Robert J. Shapiro, finds that following the past five periods of negative growth in the U.S., private equity investment was substantially stronger than overall business investment and private investment in manufacturing. (2009)
- The Impact of Private Equity Acquisitions and Operations on Capital Spending, Sales, Productivity, and Employment, by Robert J. Shapiro and Nam D. Pham, finds that private equity-backed companies experienced a larger increase in productivity, capital spending and employment growth compared to all U.S. companies in general. (2009)
- American Jobs and the Impact of Private Equity Transactions, by Robert J. Shapiro and Nam D. Pham, finds that within two years of being acquired by private equity firms, companies experienced job gains that exceeded their initial job losses, as well as job gains by other companies in the same sector. (2008)
- Strengthening U.S. Competitiveness in the Global Economy, by noted economists Martin N. Baily and Matthew J. Slaughter, examines the critical issues facing the U.S. as it seeks to maintain and strengthen its global economic leadership in the 21st Century. (2008)
- Driving Growth: How Private Equity Investments Strengthen American Companies uses three case studies to illustrate the ways that private equity investment firms add value to the companies they acquire. (2008)
- Demystifying the Credit Crunch: A Primer and Glossary is an effort by the PEGCC and Arthur D Little to contribute to a better understanding of the issues, the terms and the trends that gave rise to the credit crunch. It includes both a background paper and a glossary of financial and credit terms. (2008)
- Public Value: A Primer on Private Equity, explores the contributions that private equity investment firms make to the global economy and detail the manner in which private equity firms strengthen companies and deliver superior returns to their investors. (2007)